Friday, April 25, 2008

Tell me what's wrong

Hey everybody! I am sorry I am so busy this week and have not hand much time to post. I have kids to prepare for First Holy Communion and am quite preoccupied. By the middle of May I should be back to posting daily (hopefully), and we will see much more from Anselm as he wraps up his first year at the International Theological Institute in Gaming, Austria.

In the meantime, I thought I'd like to put your theological skills to the test. Please watch this three minute video (courtesy of Mr. S) and then comment on why the view of salvation presented here is faulty (or, if there is anything positive in the video, point that out as well).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For starters, no one who worked in heaven would wear a tie, shirt, suit and SHOES of the same color. What do they do after labor day?

KRISLYNNE LYONS said...

I'm just an amateur theologian but I think I see a few errors. First Christ himself will be the judge, or as our creed puts it "And he shall come again with glory to judge both the living and the dead". Second the video to me has a Lutheran view of salvation where Christ (the snow) covers me (the dung heap). In other words in this view of salvation Christ himself stands in my place with his merit and almost hides my sins from view (a great paradox of Luther was that the sinner was in Heaven wearing the white robe of Christ, he said in Heaven we would be like snow covered dung heaps). I believe the Catholic view of salvation would be that God became man and by doing so allows us to become partakers of the divine nature. In this way we become truly the sons of God through the only begotten son imparting his nature onto us. We would stand on the scale ourselves. When our file was opened it would say child of God, and if their was no mortal sin God would purge us of our venial sins (if any) and allow us to enter the Trinity (Heaven) because of our sharing in its nature. Which leads into the third error, the other people in line. Even if those other people could have fulfilled the moral law perfectly they still could not merit Heaven. Maybe they wouldn't merit hell but they can only merit heaven if God imparts his nature on them. A servant might get great gifts if he serves me perfectly but only my children get my inheritance.

Jeffrey Pinyan said...

Imputed vs. infused righteousness.

Baptism washes away our past sin.

We are judged by God.

1 Cor 6:9-10; Gal 5:19-21; Eph 5:5

KRISLYNNE LYONS said...

I love your blog but please if you have something against me please e mail me and let me know what you disaprove of. You never post my coments. maryslittlelyons@columbus.rr.com